20 July 2007

progress on Jolly Avenue






Thanks to the outreach of the Medford community, great progress is being made on expanding the study on the back of the house into a bedroom and bathroom that is wheelchair accessible. I can't wait to see it! I can't wait for Dad and Mom to be able to come home to it! I can't wait to see many of you in person when I am home soon :-)

You can see some of those who have helped with the remodel project in the photos: Al, Mike, Doug, Luke, Tom, and Peterson Concrete. Ellen, Dr. and Mrs. Robinson, Judy, and Joyce have also been there quite a
bit to offer assistance to the work crew. Ellen went home for a weekend and to my understanding spent most of it cooking and cleaning! There are many more not capture in the photos who have also helped out with the project so far. THANK YOU ALL who have jumped in to make this project happen so that when Dad and Mom come home Dad will be able to access a new bedroom and bathroom with his wheelchair!

Below are some quotes from Luke's emails.

"Here are some shots from the start of the addition project. Tommy Geiger is really good with a skid steer. Mom lost her hostas and they pulled out the stumps. Looking good so far."

"The forms are poured. We'll lay the block with Tom Geiger tomorrow."

"Mrs. Robinson made some great food for the crew last night."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hello Beth!

I am a paralegal at Wheeler, Van Sickle and Anderson in Madison and have worked with your dad a lot. I just wanted to thank you for keeping this blog up...I check it every couple of days to see what is up with Paul! Never think your efforts go unappreciated!!

Jennifer Wiechec

beth said...

thanks, jennifer!