20 July 2007

from dad

Below is the message that Mom typed and Dad sent to me to share with
you all. I thought you might appreciate hearing from Dad himself!

(From 15 July 2007)

It is late Sunday afternoon, I am laying in bed with a sore butt and
Jill is typing this.

Last week I started Wheelchair Class and Get Fit Class in addition to
therapies and Ed. Class. Wheelchair class proves to be quite
strenuous. Mondays and Wednesdays are endurance runs which take
place in the communities surrounding the hospital. Tuesday and
Thursday are devoted to work on skills, Friday is game day i.e.
hockey and basketball. Get Fit class involves weights and work
stations with evaluations. It's a lot of upper body work. Ed. class
includes such topics as airline travel, medications, handling stress,
optimal health and so on. The Monday - Friday is busy so when
Saturday comes around I am quite grateful. Next week, they have me
scheduled for the pool. I am not sure how that will work with my
turtle shell brace. They also have me scheduled for hand cycling.

We have had a steady stream of visitors, besides Barbara, Ping &
Kathi recently Bob & Bonnie Linaberry, Bill & Arshebeth Hrabe, Todd
Harris, The Temme family, all paid a visit this past week. I am
looking foward to Ellen's visit next weekend. And also to Beth
coming here the week after. Luke sent a bunch of pics of the remodel
at home, the generosity of the Medford community is overwhelming,
just thinking about it chokes me up. In fact, the hardest part of
the day still the mail pile and emails and talking to people on the
phone. Even after a month, the continued outpouring of caring and
love is overwhelming. There is no practical way I can express my
appreciation and gratitude on an individual basis. I am truly
appreciative and grateful for all the cards, emalils, gifts, letters,
plants, and flowers.

Sounds like they got a great start on the remodel project this
weekend. I hope the weather is cooperative for the rest of the
project, I think they hope to close it in next weekend.

paul

No comments: