
This was a going away card that a friend made for me and it's actually quite accurate! Today I surely did use the polka dot umbrella! It has been raining all day! Unfortunately, I left the pink galoshes at home. If I had them, I would be wearing them right now. They would be quite handy walking through town since most of the streets turn into shallow rivers when it rains. Ah, but Namibia needs the rain.
My perspective on rainy days has completely changed. At home in the U.S. a rainy day usually means that you feel a little gloomy, you just want to stay in your bed and read or whatever. Here I find myself saying things like, "Wow, I it's going to be a good day because it looks like it's going to rain!" That's not just me, but many people that I've come in contact with today were in particularly good moods because it is raining!!
If only I had the pink galoshes...
1 comment:
Beth, Beth, Beth,
The rain means something with you. Haven't we figured it out yet. I'm trying to post my sermon on my blog, so check it out.
Ms. Jones
Post a Comment