It's Sunday night and I feel like I have just returned from holiday,
but I've not even left Mariental or spent any money! This weekend I
went swimming in two different swimming pools, watched three movies,
gave myself a pedicure, and slept in an air-conditioned room! While
floating around on a tube in a pool, our friend's child brought us
delicious peppermint tart! WHAT?!?! Dani (fellow PCV) and I looked
at each other and said, "Are we really in the Peace Corps?"
No, I did not book myself into the bungalows at the Hardap Dam or the
River Chalets here in town. Instead I spent most of the weekend with
an awesome Namibian family, the Labuschagnes! This is the family
that took us to the Lily Pan and also to the Hardap Dam. They are
the ones who had us over for pizza on my birthday. They've
introduced us to many of their friends and made us feel included here
in Mariental. They are wonderful, welcoming, caring people and have
truly become my Namibian family! I know that I could call them any
time day or night if I ever really needed to. They've been an
amazing blessing to me here in Mariental and I am truly grateful for
them!
Praise God for a LEKKER weekend of rest and relaxation with wonderful
people!
No comments:
Post a Comment