25 January 2008

Close of Service

Well, it was not so bad saying goodbye to colleagues and friends in Mariental because I know that I will see them again in March. Then I think it will be much more difficult to say goodbye because I won't know when I will see them all again.

This week I've been in Windhoek for my final business with Peace Corps. It's pretty much all finished and I've been waiting around for one last exit interview and to turn in my papers. Today my term of service as a Peace Corps Voluteer comes to an end. I feel a sense of accomplishment. These two years have been...well there really is no one word to describe it all. Overall the positives have far outweighed the negatives and in the end I would say that Namibia really became my home over these two years. However, as part of the process of life, I am moving on to another chapter, exactly how it reads I have yet to find out!

Thank you to all of you who have checked in on me from time to time. I have appreciated each and every email, letter, package, and phone call! While it's sad to leave, it's exciting at the same time to go back to Wisconsin and see my family and friends AND winter (haven't seen snow in three years)! I hope that I don't have some kind of climate shock coming from hot, sunny, dry Namibia to absolutely freezing, snowy, windchill Wisconsin :-)

No comments: