14 September 2006

no more photos for a while

Shortly after returning from the trip north, my flat was broken into
and my camera stolen along with a few other valuable things. I don't
feel unsafe, just bummed that someone would bend the burglar bars on
my window, come into my flat, dig through my stuff, and take things
that could be easily sold for fast cash! BUMMER! The biggest bummer
is that I can't take photos anymore.

I filed a police report (don't really know what they can or will do
about it) and also spoke with my neighbors about what happened.
There is a plan to put a security gate/door thing on that would close
off the outside, back section so that no one would even have access
to the windows. I just don't like having all of these bars and
gates, it seems so unwelcoming!

On the positive side, my mom has been super efficient in finding out
about my insurance and getting the proper forms scanned and emailed
to me. I did have personal article insurance through for PCVs and
just sent everything in today. Hopefully the process won't take too
long and I will be able to get a new camera by Christmas time.

No comments: