13 June 2006

All Volunteer Conference 2006



Because HIV/AIDS is such a humungous problem in Namibia, Peace Corps brought all of us together to focus specifically on making it part of everything that we do. This means that Health volunteers are not the only ones working on HIV/AIDS issues, but all of us whether we are Education, Teacher Resource Centre, or Information Technology. I was happy to see that I am already doing that through my work with Window of Hope and that there are several other volunteers working with the same program at their schools through out Namibia. The benefit of having all the volunteers together is that there is an incredible amount of ideas shared and gained! I have many new ideas to bring back to my work at the Mariental TRC relating to HIV/AIDS and teacher training!

This is most of Peace Corps Namibia and two volunteers from Swaziland who joined us to present at the conference.

No comments: